Creating a cheese and salami board is one of my most favorite things to do in the
world, because that means, for a start, that we are celebrating something and
we will enjoy in the most delicious food.
Food boards always look fun, delicious and impressive.
Over the years I made some progress in creating them and I think I finally found
the most beautiful way to build them. Combination of salami, cheese and friut for me is just perfect.
Usually most boards I create are made for about 10 people and I always take an amount of 10 dkg per person,
but you can easily adjust the amount for your appetite.
Below you can read my tips and ingredients for those beuatiful cheese and salami boards.
Ingredients I used:
1. 4 types of cheese: mozzarella, homemade cream cheese, and two types of hard cheese
(one from Lika and one from island Pag)
2. Different types of salami (I described below)
3. Friuts and almonds
4. Olives and pinckles
Now, creativity time can start!
How to create:
1. Start with the place where you want to put your food boards.
If you choose a table then first put your favorite table cover on it.
2. Pick up your favorite surface. This time I used different types of wood boards
and you can choose your favorite boards made of ceramics or my favorite ones - marble boards.
3. Think what you want to see at the end and think twice about a composition of taste and color.
The best way to create a perfect combination is to put everything you have near you and when you
see all the colours and textures that will help you to make it easier to decide.
4. This time I started with fruits. I started this fun game with putting grapes on all of my boards.
I had the white-green grapes and the red ones so even that was only a strat of my creating time,
it was a very colourful time.
5. Then I started with salami. I had ham, dried meat (that we call buđola), prosciutto, salami and salami with truffles.
I chose the boards on which I put one type of salami and on the bigger boards, I put two or max three diferent types.
My favorite way for putting salami on the board is "meat flowers" but of course you will see wich way is the best for you.
I left some place on the boards for cheese so I can arrange them around the salami.
And also, I chose two boards on which I deciced to put only cheese, grapes and homemade bread.
6. After salami, I continued with thecheeseprocess. I had two types of hard cheese and mozzarella and cream cheese.
On the boards I put hard cheese first and into small containers I put mozzarella and cream cheese so they can remain fresh.
7. Now you can certainly see a success. At the end you can add extras, like crackers, nuts, almonds or other fruits.
I made a room for my homemade, unleavened bread and I put almonds on every free part on the boards
that remained empty. Also, in the small containers I put green, black and amazing kalamata olives and pickles,
to give some freshness to our boards.
amazing plates are on the table and and they are ready for tasting.